Well as a CC Sabathia owner, I have no idea what is going on. His velocity is there, he can't put people away, and he's walking people. I don't buy into that mental contract stuff, but perhaps that is it. I'm tempted to trade him because Cy Young winners don't just pitch brutally the next year in their prime unless they're hurt. But that said, he doesn't look injured, so I would be trying to get him if I didn't own him. So the problem is what to do with him. Shop him if you want, but don't sell him off very cheaply, it's just not worth it because in all likelyhood he's turning it around. The best option is to bench him for the future and wait for him to get out of it, because he will. Probably.
Yankees 15, Red Sox 9
Here was an awful pitching performance out of Buchholz and Wang. Or a good offensive performance by both teams. Both pitchers are fine, and you can expect games like this out of them every once in a while, but usually worth starting. Every Yankee had a hit, including Giambi who only hits against Mike Timlin. Coco Crisp was out of the lineup with sore legs, and Ellsbury went 0-5, not exactly taking advantage of the oppertunity. I'll say Crisp has more short term value, but Ellsbury in the long term. It doesn't seem like Crisp is going anywhere though. Ortiz is making slight progress, but nothing super. Looks like Sean Casey might be worth the short term grab after all. Don't expect any power, but he should be decent in every other category.
White Sox 3, O's 1
I'm not buying Jose Contreras. I know the O's have been playing well, but this is not a good team. He will probably do this a couple times in the year, but not enough to be consistently used. It's also not a good sign when Adam Loewen walks 5 guys and it is an improvement. Don't buy. Do buy both DHs in Thome and Huff. They're underrated, and after two tough starts they won't be more expensive than usual.
Tigers 13, Indians 2
I won't talk any more about Sabathia, but Armando Galarraga was pretty sharp. He's not this good. He might only have a start or two left in the Majors before Willis comes back, and I don't think he's worth using. The Tigers have awoken, and Miggy C is making an impact. If anyone managed to buy low on him, congradulations. Granderson is back soon, so this lineup only gets better. Scary. David Dellucci went deep, but he's really not worth owning. Go for Gutierrez. I still believe in Hafner, even though he seems to be getting worse and not better. Owners might be worried he's repeating last year, and he might be, but I really like him this year.
Rangers 7, Jays 5
Kason Gabbard is worth owning I think now. He's not going to anchor a staff, but he's going to be good in matchups. BJ Ryan pitched again and threw a scoreless inning, walking two and striking out one. The walks can be expected for a while as he comes back, but no hits and a K are good signs. I really like Big Frank Catalanotto and Jason Botts, but they won't get the play time to make much of a impact. If there's an injury (or Broussard keeps struggling), things might open up. CJ Wilson only has 1 K in 7 innings now. He hasn't allowed a run, but I don't think he can succeed without the K's.
Twins 6, Rays 5
Look, add Livan Hernandez if you want now. I don't get it at all. This was his worst start of the year, but still decent enough. I would also add Erick Hinske. I like him more than Sean Casey. James Shields has been hurt by poor defense the last two times out, taking away some wins, but he's still pretty good. The number of pitches he's throwing is concerning because it doesn't take him deep in the game, but he's a great option, a must start I figugre. Evan Longoria, hitting 5, didn't have a hit. We'll see how Joe Maddon reacts to this. Brendan Harris keeps hitting, but he's not much better than a low second basemen. He's not going to win you the league, but he is value and should be owned in every league. I like Mike Lamb too, but he hasn't done much this year.
Royals 3, Angels 2
Gil Meche finally looked decent, and he's still a great option. Jered Weaver got hit around, but limited the damage pretty well. Joey Gathright was 3-5 with a stolen base. Hope he keeps starting, he will lead the league in steals if he plays regularly. Miguel Olivo was behind the plate tonight. Buck owners should consider adding him or even dropping Buck for him. The Angels moved Reggie Willits down to AAA, which was the right move. He should be starting for a team somewhere, it's a shame he's not because he has good fantasy value.
M's 4, A's 2
King Felix is the best pitcher in the AL right now. Huge season ahead for him. It's hard to get too excited about Joe Blanton, but he gets the job done usually. Not a terrible outing for him. Man, these A's are pretty awful. They're essentially a must start against. Hopefully this weekend I'll have a ranking in order of who you should spot start against. Brad Wilkerson is not good. Wladimir Betancourt should be getting a shot soon, and he's worth grabbing. Raul Ibanez is the prime minister of Malaysia.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment