Tampa Bay 6, Yankees 3
Edwin Jackson was very impressive, he's always had talent, but putting it all together has been a problem. Deep sleeper for sure. Highly touted guys have a tendency of putting it together eventually. The other story for the Rays is Jonny Gomes goes 2-3, 4 RBI and a bomb (he should have had a double if he was running full speed instead of in his home run trot, and got gunned at second). He has tons of power, although it looks like he's going to strickly face lefties. He can provide value, but probably won't play regularly enough. Troy Percival also picks up his first save since 2005. I imagine he keeps the role all year. Pettitte had a rough start. I still really like him, I targeted him on draft day only to miss out by a couple picks. Giambi continues to suck, and leaves the game with a injury. Posada is back behind the plate and has his best game, going 2-4 with two RBI. He's safe for next week.
Blue Jays 10, Red Sox 2
Ellsbury is out of the lineup again, and Crisp goes 0-4. No idea whats going on. Ortiz continues his early season struggles too, no worries on his part. Buchholz was ok, the 7 ks in 5 innings is welcome, but 4 R, 3 ER in 5 isn't. Still a strong bet going forward. Someone forgot to tell Jessie Litsch he sucks. I don't buy into him at all. The Big Hurt hits his first bomb, which is encouraging. I'll mark him down for 24 more. This is a good Jays team, although definitely not this good. They beat up on some poor relief pitching from the Sox.
Twins 6, Royals 4
A pretty dissapointing start from Gil Meche. I still like him a lot, but he really got beat up today, and it wasn't from Carlos Gomez, who struckout three times. Morneau seems to be warming up, I like him, although not as much as most. .270, 25-30 homers seems right. Really nice to see Kubel getting the start, although Monroe did too and doubled, so he's probably in line for some more play time. Livan Hernandez gives up 4 over 7 innings, striking out two. He's going to get hit hard, and consistently. Don't buy.
White Sox 5, Tigers 3
See below for the lengthy live blog.
Oakland 6, Indians 1
This is two straight starts Sabathia has looked awful. Maybe there's something about that workload last year, but there's no reason to drop him from your lineup yet. On the other hand, Dana Eveland (snicker) throws a brilliant 7 inning 1 ER, 7K game. He's in the Blackburn wait and see boat. If you're league is deep enough though, I'd grab him. I'll be waiting for now, and his A's don't seem to offer a lot of wins. Mark Ellis is so underrated. People talk about how underrated he is and he still doesn't get any hype. I like him for 20 bombs this year.
O's 6, M's 4
Well Miguel Batista doesn't figure to pick up any saves next week. Not an impressive outing from Green either. Looks like it's Lowe's job to lose. Luke Scott goes 3-3 and Kevin Millar scores three runs. I love Scott this year, and Millar is underrated (not that there's much to be rated) but he can ad some nice value in deep leagues. Adam Loewen was awful, expect that all year.
Angels 2, Rangers 1
Jered Weaver threw 7 shutout innings, 6 Ks, and only four baserunners. He had a great spring, and it looks like he's going to have a pretty good year this year. Millwood threw 8 of 2 run ball, 5 Ks, but 12 hits. He got lucky, but that's two pretty strong starts for him. He needs to be owned in all leagues. I'm starting him next week. Also, I picked up Ben Broussard. I didn't realize he qualified in the outfield, so he's going to get thrown into my third outfield spot with Coco Crisp and Jerry Owens. The Angels are one of the few teams that seem to be hitting well, they can be dangerous, although I would rank them the 4th best offense in the league at best.
Saturday, April 5, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment