Monday, April 28, 2008

4/28 Recap

Disaster. Complete disaster. Hank Blalock has a torn hamstring and is going to miss a month. I prepared for this by getting Maicer Izturiz to start this week at third. Well he went down with back spasms. Jorge Posada officially hit the DL, and I haven't seen a timetable on him. Add the fact that I just swapped Ian Kinsler for Asdrubal Cabrera at second, and my infield is hurting. Brendan Harris can play short or second, and Maicer can play 3B or 2B, and I'm going to get Gerald Laird, so I could be fine, but that's a huge downgrade. I'm looking at Joe Crede and Mark Grudzielanek as possible additions, especially with my newfound outfield and pitching depth. Stay tuned.

White Sox 3, O's 3
I can't remember the last suspended game, although I feel it happened last year. These stats count, so good news for Ramon Hernandez, Aubrey Huff, Juan Uribe, and Carlos Quentin owners. I think I'm ready to say that Quentin is legit. I'm thinking 25-30 homers, nice steal for someone. Juan Uribe has started losing play time to Alexei Ramirez, but the homer should help. He's good for around 20 homers and a terrible average, like always. I like Ramon Hernandez, but he has done nothing for me to back that up with recently. I think he could be a buy low guy, but I don't think the risk is really worth it. Javy Vazquez threw a gem, and got screwed out of a win. DCab is coming off a solid start, and actually minimizes the damage, but walked 7 guys. I could never start him and feel good about it. George Sherrill blew his first save. I still think he's a legit closer, one of the best in the league in fact.

Yankees 5, Indians 2
Big news is ARod hurt his leg again, so I'd expect him to miss a couple more games, but I would be surprised if this DL'd him. Morgan Ensberg will continue to play a role (and may find himself on my team.) Mike Mussina has been on the reurgence tour this year, so he's an intersting guy to look at. I don't exactly trust him, but he plays for the Yankees and will pick up some wins. Aaron Laffey started his first game and threw 5 real solid innings before falling apart in the 6th. I wouldn't get him yet. Franklin Gutierrez is hitting again, get him before his buy low is gone. David Delucci isn't a terrible add either, but don't expect a ton out of him. Ryan Garko has completely fallen apart. I'd go get a 1B if I wasn't so desperate everywhere else. He could turn it around at any time though, I believe in him.

A's 14, Angels 2
I don't buy into the A's. They're really not that good. Frank Thomas goes 3-3 with a triple. He's going to be good, I hope no one dropped him. Emil Brown hit his third homer, and he now has 24 RBI. I picked him up since the start of this post actually at the cost of Maicer. Daric Barton hit his first homer. I really don't see him hitting a ton, probably 10-15. Chad Gaudin was solid tonight. He's worth the pickup now. Jon Garland got shelled, and these kind of night will come with him. He's still probably good for 12-15 wins. Mike Napoli is now tied for the league lead in homers with 6. This platoon with him and Jeff Mathis is incredibly productive and both should be owned. Branden Wood is up again, and probably won't get much play time again. I don't like his propects this year.

No comments: