Add ARod to the DL with Posada. This is really probably best for him at this point in the season instead of continuing to reinjure it. This only complicates the 3B pickups. Morgan Ensberg isn't that terrible of an option, although he hasn't done much lately, in that lineup he should have some decent stats. Ramon Vazquez won't have value. However, German Duran is an interesting candidate.
O's 7, Rays 4
Josh Hammel picked a bad time for a bad start with Scott Kazmir back on Sunday. I could see him losing his rotation spot and getting bumped to the pen. Garrett Olson had a solid start, but I don't see much value out of him. Aubrey Huff has been pretty hot, homering for the second straight day. And Ramon Hernandez is hot too, he should turn his season around as long as he's healthy. Dioner Navarro is raking, and he should continue to for the time being. He's a really nice sleeper this year, and this Rays lineup is pretty strong, so he should be nice with the runs and RBI. George Sherrill picked up the save, he's fine.
Red Sox 1, Jays 0
Roy Halladay is a machine. It's just amazing what he's done over the last 4 starts throwing compelte games. Sure, he's lost half of them, but he's been outstanding. Jon Lester has been all over the place this year, but this strong start, coupled with the Buchholz start makes it more likely that Wakefield loses the starting spot for Colon. This will definitely be intersting. JD Drew left the game with a leg injury, and Jacoby Ellsbury missed with a strained groin, so Coco Crisp will be getting solid time for a little, and Brandan Moss should get a start or two. Adam Lind still doesn't have a hit, but it will come, there shouldn't be any worries there, he's going to be given the chance to prove himself it looks like, and he should eventually.
M's 7, Indians 2
Carlos Silva keeps pitching great. I don't know how much longer this can last, but right now he's basically a must start. Fausto hasn't allowed many runs, but he's working with a 1:2 K:BB ratio. I don't know how he can keep it up like that. The M's exploded off of Rafael Betancourt and the Indians pen, let by an Adrian Beltre homer. He's looked really good this year, and today he walked three times, a huge step for him. He could put together a really great year. With Rafael Betancourt, it looks like Borowski will be given the chance to reclaim the closer role, so there's no promises with him. Sensing that the M's were on the verge of calling up Clement and Wladimir, Vidro and Wilkerson combined to go 5-7. I don't think that's going to be enough to hold either off, but it could delay their promotion for a little.
Tigers 6, Yankees 4
Phil Hughes is going to lose his rotation spot. There's just no way around it, he's been awful. Kenny Rogers put in his best effort so far, but I still don't think too highly of him going forward. Granderson and Polanco are still hot, and they've really given a jumpstart to the team. Gary Sheffield homered. The more I read about what Leyland says about him is his shoulders are messing up his timing and the power is still there. That could be, but I'd avoid him. This Yankee team is a lot less intimidating without ARod and Posada. But maybe they're getting back one of their best hitters in Robby Cano. I don't think there's anyone that doesn't believe in him, even though he's been awful. It's worth a buy low inquiry.
Royals 9, Rangers 5
Talk about a not exciting matchup. Jennings and Tomko both pitched terribly. I can't imagine either being in the rotation at the end of the year. That led to some nice offence from each team. Grudzielanek had 4 hits, Jose Guillen homered again, and Billy Butler had a couple hits. I like all of them going forward, it's good to see them get back on track. Saltalamacchia was behind the plate and doubled, driving in a run. Seems like it's going to be a 50/50 platoon, which isn't great for Laird or Salty. I'm not a huge Salty fan, especially in a platoon. Chris Shelton was recalled and started at 1b. I've always liked Shelton, but I don't know what he can do this time around. If used right, he can provide some pop and a decent average. I don't think he's worth a pickup yet.
Twins 3, White Sox 1
Boof Bonser has been awesome this year. I really didn't see this one coming. He's struggling with his walks, but this year has shown great control while still striking out people. He's strongly recommended now. Gavin Floyd pitched alright, and I would say he's going to be a contributer all year. Joe Crede hit his 7th homer of the year. I'm thinking 30 from him, although I have no idea what team he will finish up with. OCab had two hits and stole a base. That's encouraging, and I love him going forward. A definite buy low guy. I don't love Delmon Young. I just don't see the power coming from him this year, but he could still be a source of speed. And Jason Kubel homered again, but I've hyped him all year.
Angels 2, A's 0
Joe Saunders continues to impressed. Unfortunately I traded him. This was a very impressive outing though, for him and Greg Smith. Both are recommended, especially Smith with his schedule coming up. Saunders can't really keep this up, but for now, he's been a stud. Brandon Wood was 1-2 with a run and a walk, although he struck out too. Encouraging he's walking. I don't see much of a role for him past this week, so it's probably not even worth the grab.
Tuesday, April 29, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment