So today I went to a Hillary Clinton rally in East Chicago. Two things I'm not buying: Hillary Clinton and East Chicago. I will buy the South Shore Line and Clinton supporters (especially the ones that gave me a ride to the train station while a monsoon was hapening.)
Indians 6, Yankees 4
Jason Giambi hit two bombs off Paul Byrd. Looks like he tops out hitting against 88 MPH. He was just dropped in my league, and I have to say he's intriguing, although he has no clear role to play for my team and he's a terrible, terrible hitter. But other than that, I like him. Pettitte has been all over this year, but I love him going forward. Paul Byrd does not make me excited at all. I'd stay away. Franklin Gutierrez hit his second homer. I really like him as you should know, and he's just going to keep getting better. Get him now. Jhonny Peralta looks like he's going to hit 30 homers this year, and I'll buy that. What's up with Robinson Cano? He has so much talent, I think you need to inquire with everyone that owns him.
Angels 4, Tigers 3
Ervin Santana continues his return to talent. I'll buy. Curtis Granderson has been nothing short of awesome since returning. No worries for him. Nice to see Placido Polanco getting two hits, he will be over .300 this year, no problem. Get him now too. Nate Robertson had his best start of the year, giving up 4 ER over 7. Nothing spectacular, and he really isn't but he's a fine spot starter. KRod had a second straight good appearance, so I'm ready to take him off my injury hidning conspiracy theories
Rays 5, Red Sox 4
Matt Garza was solid in his return from the DL. I'd feel fine starting him against most teams, I'm a fan. Ellsbury and Drew got the stars today, and combined for 2-9. I'll guess Crisp starts tomorrow. Kevin Cash was 3-3, but there's no fantasy value here. Evan Longoria stole his second base of the year, he hasn't dissapointed. Looks like Gabe Gross is going to get a solid look, and he could really put up some decent numbers. David Ortiz was 0-6. He's been picking up RBI and a couple homers, but he's still not quite right. If you get a good deal for him, might not be a terrible idea to trade him.
Rangers 6, Twins 5
Two of my guys squared off, and both failed to impressed, in particular Blackburn had a tough start, giving up 11 hits over 6. Millwoods WHIP was very slightly better, but struck out 6. Both was worth using with matchups. Justin Morneau hit a grand slam and Carlos Gomez stole a base and had two hits. Those are really good signs for both. David Murphy continues to hit and it looks like he's going to keep playing, so feel free to get him. Somedays I think this Rangers team is awful, other times I like them a lot. Kinsler, Young, Hamilton, and Blalock are all good hitters, you just don't know what to expect about anyone else.
Royals 8, Jays 4
If Cliff Lee is the best pitcher in the AL, Zach Grienke is number two. Scott Rolen doubled in his return. Can't say I'm really crazy about him, but he could be an intersting guy to watch. I'm thinking .260, 15 homers. Lyle Overbay homered, he doesn't have a ton of power potential, but he could get 15-20. David DeJesus is hitting and I hate him. John Buck was 2-4, and I hate him too. Ross Gload is intersting though. If he can play regularly he's capable of .280 20. Callaspo is interesting at 2b. Second seems to be relatively deep this year, so I don't think he's going to have a ton of value. AJ Burnett pitched better today, and he should as long as he's healthy.
A's 4, M's 3
Frank Thomas was 1-3, with an RBI and run, so he's already better than the Jays recent production. Dana Eveland picked up the win, but he's been sharper. Still a nice option. Miggy Batista was still awful. I'm starting to buy into Emil Brown. He's up to 20 RBI, who knew? I think the Jack Cust story is coming to an end. He just isn't hitting a lick. Jose Lopez went 4-5, brining him up to .319. Don't get too excited, you know what you'll get out of him. Even Huston Street had a good appearance today. Santiago Castilla still hasn't let up a run. I imagine a lot of leagues have picked him up, and he's worth starting.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment