Yesterday I did the unthinkable. With BJ Ryan returning, I had an open roster spot. Dontrelle Willis was dropped in my league, so I grabbed him. If you've read anything I've said about him, it's how completely and utterly terribly he is. But, he had tons more upside than anything out there. Do I think he's going to get it back together? We'll, he can't be worse. I think. He'll do better, but I'm not expecting tons. I won't be starting him until he can string together some good starts, if I even hang onto him that long. Just a low risk chance to take that probably won't pay off, but I love taking tha chance.
O's 6, White Sox 5
Well it looks like Gavin Floyd is officially worth owning. He wasn't as stellar as last time out, but he only gave up two hits and no earned runs, over 6. Get him now. I don't think too highly of him the rest of the way, but if he can put together some decent starts now and then, he'll definitely have value. Jeremy Guthrie was alright, a typical outing for him. Carlos Quentin hit two bombs, just when I was begining to think Jerry Owens was going to get serious play time when he comes back. Quentin is streaky and I don't see him hitting for a high average, but 20 homers is definitely in reach. I feel like I haven't said anything about Luke Scott lately, but he's been great. If you're looking for an undervalued outfielder who is playing over his head, he's you're man. I think he can go .280 20 homers.
Indians 11, Tigers 1
Fausto Carmona was a lot better, and only allowing one walk is a good sign, he's fine. Justin Verlander is an intersting case. He dominated last time out, although his numbers didn't show it. This time, he wasn't very good at all. I still like him a ton, so try to buy low if possible. Everyone in the Indians lineup had a hit, and it was good to see Guiterrez and Casey Blake getting involved a little. I really like Casey Blake, he gets overlooked a lot I feel. If Blalock hits the DL, I'm going to see if I can get Blake. Nothing special about Jamey Carroll, no need to think about grabbing him. Sadly Jason Michaels had two hits and three RBI, so that's a bummer because he doesn't have any value.
Red Sox 7, Yankees 5
Josh Beckett put in his strongest outing, he's fine. Mike Mussina was awful, but that's expected sometimes from him, if not most of the time. Manny is on fire, adding two more bombs. Who woulda guessed having a contract year would mean something for him? Ortiz was 0-5, and hasn't been exactly convincing, so the watch is back on. Jacoby Ellsbury stole two bases, but went 0-3. He's getting lucky Crisp is hurting or else I think he would have lost almost all his at bats to Crisp. Youkilis needs three more games of 3B eligibility, so it's worth watching. I hate Melky Cabrera. But anytime someone homers off of Jon Papelbon it's worth noting. Jason Giambi went 0-4. He has five hits on the year, three of Mike Timlin. Yikes. I don't know how much longer he's going to start, let alone hit five.
Rangers 4, Jays 1
Vincente Padilla was real strong, but I'm still not buying. David Murphy was 3-4, and with Marlon Byrd on the DL, he's going to play a role again. Grab him. Ian Kinsler also was 3-4, but his real value for him has been that he added his fifth stolen base of the year. He could reach 30 this year. Frank Thomas was 0-4 to lower his batting average to .179. Great time to buy low. He's going to hit about 30 homers, it's worth it.
Rays 7, Twins 3
Carlos Pena left the game with a strained hamstring which doesn't look too serious, but it'll help the values of Eric Hinske (who homered again), Jonny Gomes, and Nathan Haynes. I think I've covered them pretty in-depth, so no need to rehash that. Josh Hammel looked good, and he's not reccommended. Boof, who had been good so far, was awful. Usually his problems are with control, but it wasn't quite the case. He's still a good guy to have.
Angels 5, Royals 3
KRod picked up his 6th save, but gave up a run and three hits in the process. He's not a good bet going forward, he's not just right. It looks like Shields is the one to own. Jon Garland was solid, and you can except these outings from him more often then not. Brett Tomko finally got hit, and he's not a good bet at all. Erick Aybar was 2-3. Get him. Macier Izturis looks pretty terrible, but he's not this bad. I regret missing out on him. David DeJesus left the game with a jammed toe, so nothing serious, but Gathright looks good again. Joey Gathright will approach 40 steals this year, even without regular at bats.
M's 8, A's 1
Carlos Silva is this year's Gil Meche it looks like. The guy that no one really believed in that got a huge contract. He's been good, and worth owning and starting at this point. Lenny DiNardo shouldn't be owned this year. Ichiro has been pretty disapointing, but there's no way you can think he's not going to turn it around. Nice buy low chance maybe. Raul Ibanez is not an ambi-turner but still went 3-5. Brendan Morrow was called up, and there's a very realistic chance he could work himself into save situations. Worth taking a look, I don't think I'd grab him yet. There is just not much to get excited about the A's offense with. Jack Cust played again, going 1-3, but is still only hitting .146, even bad for his standards. He has 30 homer potential if he gets play time. With Sweeney not showing much power, it might be worth it to let Cust play. Buy low now.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment