Only two games today. Nice. Usually I'll use days like this for in-depth stuff, but I've got way too much going on right now, so I'm going to take the welcome break. So let's get right to it.
Red Sox 8, Rangers 3
A really strong start out of Clay Buchholz today. That can only help his chances to stick around when Bartolo Colon returns. I have a feel he'd still be the one to be sent down, but you never know. Wakefield could go to the pen or Lester could get sent down as well. Jacoby Ellsbury has really started to play well. His on base percentage is well over .400, and he hasn't been caught stealing in the Majors. He's definitely the best option for the team, but I think Crisp will still get his looks starting tomorrow. Maybe this will make the Sox want to move Crisp more now that Ellsbury has established himself. Julio Lugo goes 4-4 and makes the case that he should keep his job. I love Lugo, so I'd be dissapointed if he lost the job. And David Ortiz had two doubles for 3 RBI. The first one should have been caught by Bradley but he lost it in the sun and in self defense fell over, but the other one was off the top of the Monster. Kason Gabbard, who is on my watch list, left with an injury. Too bad, because he's been a nice surprise. David Murphy can be picked up again. Marlon Byrd, besides not being that great, seems to have fallen out of favor.
Tigers 5, Blue Jays 1
Well that's two good starts for Armando Galarraga, and no recommendation from here. His minor league numbers are just not that overwhelming, I really don't think he can keep it up. Dontrelle will be back in a week or two, so Galarraga's value is really limited. Shaun Marcum wasn't too happy with a number of the calls, and he didn't look that great. If there's one thing to know about me, it's that I love Shaun Marcum, so no worries here. As expected, Ryan Raburn played at 2b, so if Polanco hits the DL, grabbing Raburn isn't that bad. Pudge had 4 hits. There's some games where he'll have a bunch of hits and then he'll go cold. I'm not a huge fan of him this year. With Jacque Jones' struggles, the chances of Clete Thomas or Brandon Inge having some value in a week keep getting higher. I imagine they'll stick with Jones, but it's worth noting. Joe Inglett (?!?) is now hitting .360, going 2-4 on the day, probably the reason they cut Thomas. Don't pick him up, this won't last.
Monday, April 21, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment