I went to the Peter Moren show tonight (of Peter Bjorn and John) if you guys get the chance, it was a really fun show. It doesn't hurt that PBJ occupies the top four slots on my most played iTunes list over the last year. Not too bad. I interviewed Peter, and he's a really great guy. Go check him out if you can.
O's 5, White Sox 1
Brian Burres threw a gem, giving up only three hits while striking out 4. He didn't walk a batter, which was has been a problem for him. He's worth a pickup, but I don't think he can keep this up. John Danks was great again, so he's now a must add if possible, but he's likely grabbed. Adam Jones stole another base, so he's up to three. He's been playing better lately, but there's some potential still for him. Really he's not going to carry your team, but he has definite value as a third outfielder.
Indians 4, Yankees 3
Ian Kennedy will be send down soon, I'm convinced of it. He'll be up again, but I think the Minors are coming. Jeremy Sowers held his own, but I don't see him having much of an impact this year at all. Johnny Damon had a big game, so the buy low time may be running out. Ryan Garko is in the middle a slump right now. I definitely like him this year, and the slump won't last, but he's really struggling now. Bench him if you have another option. Travis Hafner, however, I'm starting to think will never return to his glory years. He's still struggling big time and he just doesn't look right. That said, maybe you can buy low on him and take the chance. I wouldn't expect 40 homers.
Tigers 6, Angels 4
Armando Galarraga really can't keep this up. I think. I don't see them really rushing back Dontrelle with the way he's pitching. Plus Dontrelle sucks. It's possible he could stay on and replace someone like Kenny Rogers, I just don't see that happening. Polanco is heating up, and he's going to get real hot soon. Gary Sheffield, however, I think is basically done for. His shoulders are messed up, and they just aren't going to heal. Plus he has the finger problem. He's a mess. Dustin Moseley was solid, not spectacular. I like him, but I don't think he's as bad as he's pitched. He's going to lose his spot in the rotation as soon as Lackey is back.
White Sox 6, O's 5
Mark Buehrle wasn't supposed to pitch until Monday, but turned in his best start of the year today anways. Not that it was awesome either. But good to see him pitching a little better. I think he's a good buy low guy. Nick Swisher has been a dissapointment from a fantasy standpoint, but he's fine in real life. I like him a lot still, and he would get a nice boost if Jerry Owens was leading off and he could hit in the middle of the order. That said, Carlos Quentin was 2-3, bumping his average up to .268. He's not losing his job anytime soon. Kevin Millar hit his fourth homer. I guess if you need a 1B (like say if Garko keeps struggling), he could be an option, but really there's not much to like about him.
Royals 2, Jays 1
Well Luke Hochevar looked a lot better. I imagine if they keep him up he's going to be inconsistent. He's just not ready yet. Shaun Marcum took the tough-luck loss. Alex Rios is up to 6 steals, looks like he's making an effort to steal more bases. Jose Guillen hit his second homer this week, so he's starting to heat up. I like him for .280 20 homers. Matt Stairs is still raking, and Adam Lind should get most of the LF starts now. I'm not starting him this week, but pick him up quick if you can, he's going to hit. I'm thinking .270 20.
Rays 2, Red Sox 1
This is what Clay Buccholz is capable of. He was one out away from 8 scoreless inning and a probable win, but he gave up a homer to Iwamura. I like Buchholz, he has better stuff than Lester. But I think he might be sent down for Colon. Edwin Jackson had another good start. He's still far too risky for me. He's sort of the new DCab. With David Ortiz missing time with a bruised knee following his stupid dive into first, Ellsbury, Crisp, and Drew all got to play, and they combined for 4 of the 5 hits they had. Ellsbury is clearly the starter now, but Crisp has been too good to not play. It's a great situation for the Sox to be in.
Twins 12, Rangers 6
Good to see Mike Cuddyer hit a bomb. I like the guy, although last year was dissapointing for him. I think he gets to .270, 20 homers. The Twins have been real quiet offensively, so this outburst is a nice sign for them. Scott Baker got hit around, but he did strike out 7. I'll buy him this year. The best is yet to come still. Stay away from Signey Ponson at all costs. David Murphy keeps hitting, I'm considering him, even though my roster spots are getting messy. Jarrod Saltalamacchia is up. I figure he has more chance of playing at 1B, which cuts into Broussard and Botts' time. I don't have high expectations for him. .250 10-15 homers seems nice to him.
M's 5, A's 3
Wow Erik Bedard is in this league? That's wild. He pitched pretty well, and he should only get better. You know what he's capable of. Justin Duchscherer also returned, and I have to say I really like him. He's not going to go much past 5 or 6 innings for a while, but he should be a good option all year. Staying off the DL will be a struggle for him, but his ERA, WHIP, and Ks should be pretty good. Mark Sweeney has been reborn after Thomas came to the team, hitting his second homer. I don't know how this is going to shake out. Greg Norton got the start at DH, proving he is alive and that maybe the M's are losing faith in Jose Vidro (about time). Norton isn't worth a grab, but Clement of Wladimir would be.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment